10 Tips that Will Help Alleviate the Stresses of Moving in Boise
Moving in Boise is no different than moving anywhere else. You are still going to face the same challenges and stressors associated with moving as compared to New York, Chicago, Denver, Los Angeles, or any other major U.S. city. Although moving is typically viewed as one of life’s greatest stressors, is it possible for your move to be different?
The short answer is yes.
As you already know, one of the easiest ways to alleviate some of the stresses of moving is to work with a moving company. It may be tempting to attempt a DIY move to save money, but the reality is more likely than not, using a company will end up saving you time, stress, and money in the long run. With that being said, working with a company alone will not guarantee a successful move. Working with a moving company is a two-way street; there are some things you need to do to ensure your move goes smoothly and the moving company will efficiently complete the job.
The 10 Tips for Forming a Successful Partnership with your Boise Moving Company
When you work with a moving company, you are actually forming a partnership. The moving company’s job is to follow your lead, which means you need to plan accordingly and provide them with the information needed to complete the job. If you do the 10 things listed below, you will increase your success and decrease your stress!
- Do your research: The moving industry is highly competitive, so there are many companies that offer a full array of relocation services. However, every move is unique, and it is important you shop carefully for a company that meets your specific needs. Be aware of the types of services the company offers, their methods for quoting you a price, and their inventory of trucks and equipment. It is important to make sure that the company you choose is a good fit.
- Provide accurate information to the moving company: Everyone wants to save money wherever possible. You may already feel like this move is more expensive than you would like because of your decision to use a company. However, it is crucial that you provide the company with complete, accurate information regarding the services you need. This will allow them to provide you with an accurate estimate of costs and ensure the job is completed in a timely manner. Be honest, don’t cause yourself any surprises!
- Label your boxes: Being organized is one of the keys to a successful move. Although it may be time-consuming and tedious, labeling your boxes will save you a lot of time in the long run. Use a permanent marker and include detailed information about the contents of each box. You will also want to note if it is fragile to help ensure nothing gets damaged during the move. You will thank yourself later for doing this.
- Decide where you want your boxes and furniture placed: There is nothing worse than having to move an extremely heavy piece of furniture across your home or searching through dozens of boxes for an essential item. Do not let these things happen to you! Provide the moving company with a detailed list of where you would like each piece of furniture placed and label all boxes and furniture with its desired location. This will help the moving company complete the job a lot quicker and prevent your belongings from getting lost or damaged.
- Make sleeping arrangements for the day you move in: The last thing you want is an uncomfortable first night in your new home. Whether you pack air mattresses, stay in a hotel, or plan on assembling your beds upon move-in, you need to make sure you know where you will be sleeping. Once you figure that out, also create a plan B in the event things get delayed or something unforeseen happens during the move. Knowing that you will get a goodnight’s sleep will give you peace of mind and make sure you are recharged and ready to conquer day 2 of moving in. Having specific sleeping arrangements in mind will also help the Boise moving company determine whether or not their plan has to be adjusted to accommodate your sleeping needs.
- Start your utility services prior to moving in: This one is easy to forget, so make sure you take care of this as soon as you can. Once you know your move-in date, get in touch with the water, electric, and/or gas company to schedule the start of your services. Call the utility companies and schedule your service to start the day of your move or the day prior (depending on what they suggest). This will make your life easier and ensure the moving company is able to complete the move successfully. It is difficult to move boxes and furniture in the dark or in extremely hot or cold conditions.
- Confirm all your details with the moving company the day before: Communication is key to fostering a strong working relationship with your moving company. Call them the day before and confirm all the details of your move including the pick-up time, price, estimated duration of the move, and the services they are providing.
- Make sure everything is ready for the moving company upon their arrival: Moving companies run on extremely tight schedules and it is important that you do everything you can to make the job go smoothly. If your belongings are not packed properly or organized in the way requested, it could significantly delay the process. Prevent stressful situations that cost you time and money.
- Clear your calendar for the day: This one should be obvious, but make sure you do not schedule any appointments or plans on your moving day. You will have your hands full and need to be focused on getting settled into your new home. It will also be extremely helpful to the moving company if you are available while they are present. Your presence allows you to answer any questions they have and help them gain access to all areas of your home.
- Be a good customer: As the customer, the expectation is that you receive exceptional service from your moving provider. However, it is equally important to the partnership that you are a friendly and courteous customer. You will find that if you and the moving company work collaboratively, the job will get done efficiently. Also, remember that the moving company is working extremely hard to help you move. Help them help you make your life easier!
Boise Moving Made Easy
Your upcoming move in Boise does not need to be a stressful or difficult process. Moving is easy if you plan carefully and stay organized. Working with a moving company will help you alleviate the stress of moving and ensure the process goes smoothly.
Do you need any of the following services?
- Residential Moving
- Commercial Moving
- Furniture Moving
- Loading & Unloading
- Packing Services
If you answered yes to any of these questions, call Bluebird Moving in Boise!
Bluebird Moving offers a full array of services, transparent and competitive pricing, and exceptional service. Our highly trained teams work closely with you to make sure your move is a success. Whether your upcoming move is big or small, Bluebird Moving is here for you!
1 thought on “Moving in Boise”
Pingback: Local Furniture Movers are the Unsung Heroes of the Moving Industry - Bluebird Moving
Comments are closed.