Top 10 Moving Tips For Boise
Congratulations on making the move to Boise! It’s no secret anymore that Boise’s largest and Capital city is also the best place in America to live. We here at Bluebird Moving are happy to be your new neighbor and we’ve compiled a list of the top 10 tips for new movers. We help hundreds of people every week move into their new home and what follows are what we see as the most frequent challenges new movers face. We hope to alleviate some stress and share our learnings with you.
Moving To Boise?
- Start planning early: The more time you have to prepare for your move, the less stress you’ll have.
They say the best time to plan is yesterday but today will work too. Seriously, plan before you’re stressed because that’s when mistakes are made.
- Make a moving checklist: This will help you stay organized and make sure you don’t forget anything.
Don’t wait to write this list on the day of the move, you will forget something! Checklists make the day go by without stress.
- Declutter: Moving is a great opportunity to get rid of items you no longer need or use.
No reason to move everything you own. There’s no way you use everything and want to keep all that junk. As they say, if it doesn’t bring you happiness, get rid of it.
- Get multiple quotes: Compare prices from different moving companies to ensure you’re getting the best deal.
Talk with the best movers in the Boise area. We have no doubt you’ll find us on the top of the list.
- Pack carefully: Use sturdy boxes and packing materials to protect your belongings during transport.
Bluebird moving offers packing services as well. We recommend letting the professionals take care of it.
- Label your boxes: Clearly label each box with its contents and the room it belongs in, this will make unpacking a lot easier.
Give us some direction as to the final location of the boxes and this will make the move go even faster.
- Take inventory: Make a list of all your items, including their condition, before you move so you can check them against the inventory list provided by the movers.
This will ensure no miscommunication on the day of the move.
- Make arrangements for pets and plants: Consider the needs of your pets and plants during the move and make arrangements accordingly.
Pets get stressed out on moving days. Hire a professional moving team to let you focus on your furry friends.
- Consider hiring professional movers: While it can be more expensive, professional movers can save you a lot of time and stress.
Bluebird Moving is the best moving company in the Boise area.
- Have a plan for your first night in the new place: Plan ahead to make sure you have essentials like food and bedding.
We typically complete a move in a day but sometimes it might take longer. Proper planning will help you avoid an uncomfortable first night.
Contact Bluebird Moving for a free quote. We are the Boise area’s best moving company!